BootsnAll Travel Network



In Need of Fresh Air

Having spent the last 26 hours in the India airport, the Qatar Airport, the Thailand airport, or on actual planes, I have had time to freeze and look back on my experiences thus far. 

For some reason, and I’m sure someone can tell me, they keep these airports at sub zero temperatures. It is ridiculous.  We got reprimanded here in the Qatar Airport for playing cards, even though it was for fun and not for money. We then did another faux pas and were eating in the gate area unaware that this is the month of Ramadan and it’s a no-no to eat in public.

Get me back to Jordan already! We slept in the India airport, and on the second leg from India – Qatar. 

When we arrived here in Qatar, my dreams of visiting for our 6 hour layover were shattered due to the price of a visa. As a consolation prize, they gave me a voucher for some free disgusting food.

Okay, here is my Top Ten so far: (in no particular order)

1. The Iraqi taxi driver who was convinced that Tony Robbins is behind all of our Government’s decisions. (Amman, Jordan)

2. The Taj Mahal (Agra, India)

3. Hiking Petra (Jordan)

4. Sunset on Hat Ton Sai (Railay, Thailand)

5. Yom Haatzmuut (Tel Aviv, Israel)

6. Udaipur (India)

7. Weekend in the Golan Heights (Northern Israel)

8. Turkish Baths (Alanya, Turkey)

9. Hiking Mount Sinai (Sinai Peninsula, Egypt)

10. My Birthday (Tel Aviv)

That concludes my free internet time here. Will write from the next stop.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *