BootsnAll Travel Network



Touring Viti Levu (Mainland Fiji)

River walk through the rain forestDrumming at the School VisitHolloween at VoliVoliHolloween at VoliVoliSand Boarding in Sigatoka

I hopped on a tour called FeeJee Experience.  It has been a few fun and fully packed days.  I am currently at VoliVoli Beach and only have a few minutes to do this update because I am not even supposed to have access here but the staff love me.  There were about 20 on the tour and they were all great. We started in Nadi and then went to Natodola Beach to have lunch.  From there we visited a village in MaloMalo.  Then we went to the Sigatoka Sand dunes and surfed on the dunes with boogie boards.  From there to our first resort at Mango Bay for pool volleyball and a great supper.  The next day was awesome, we started with a 2 hour hike through the Namosi Highlands and then another hour through a rainforest.  We had lunch and then tubed down the Nuvua river to a waterfall that we swan in and ended with a long boat ride.  On to our next resort called Uprising and a great massage and quiet night.  Up early the next day and off to a tour of the capital (Suva) and then we visited a school.  This part is for my niece and nephews or anyone young.  The kids were playing and all they were using was a piece of wood and sand.  They seemed to be enjoying themselves (no toys here).  We donated some school supplies to them and I learned how to drum that it was lunch time for the kids.  After we got to visit another village at Wailotua and had a Kava ceremony where I was the chief.  We continued on to do a BiliBili rafting trip down the Wainibuka River and some River Rugby.  We stayed at VoliVoli that night and had a big halloween party and I won for best costume for the men and a free drink.  I was a Fiji Wizard and looked really goofy but we did not have much to work with.  The group I am with is great we have a bunch from England including Charlotte and Emily, Nikki from Austarila, Roger from Switzerland, Jerry and Jen from Ottawa, and many others.  Our guide was Henry and he was awesome at his job.  It is tough to leave them but I am staying in VoliVoli until Tuesday and then finish the last day of the tour with Mud pools at Sabeto Valley.  I leave for Tribewanted on Wednesday and some more new experiences.  I do not have time to add pictures now but will do so later.

Steve



Tags:

25 responses to “Touring Viti Levu (Mainland Fiji)”

  1. Daryl says:

    Now how did that go… Uprising, a great massage and a quite night. Sounds like a happy ending to a perfect day to me.

    Hey, I noticed you’ve started to remember some guys names now. That massage must have relieved some pent up stress.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.