BootsnAll Travel Network



The people

Girls from Chech Republic

One thing I am amazed at are all the people I am meeting.  They have been great.  I met Eve from Michigan on Bounty and did some snorkeling, she was on her way home after being on the road for a long time.  I think she should be back in Michagan by now and it is either her birthday today or maybe yesterday.  Eva from France was a great help and told me about Tribewanted.  The group from Ireland were awesome (Carol, Christine and her boyfriend of which I can not remember his name) and I get to see some of them again at Mana.  Katie was with them as well but she was from England.  She is very good at creating games and then getting herself caught.  I seen anyone do so many sit ups in a bar.  I think I should have learned some German from Markus but I will have to do with out.  The Chec girls (Teresza, Lenka & Vera) at Kuata were great too.  They knew how to get a sunburn but tanning might be another thing.  I have filled a full page in my journal with names and emails and I am only 2 weeks in.  I am getting better at recognizing accents as well.  I can’t wait to meet the next group or person.



Tags:

32 responses to “The people”

  1. Parker says:

    Dewy… Kelly and I were at beachcomber for a while and then took a boat ride up the Yasawas (not sure if spelling is correct).We stayed at an island accross from Tony Robins Island and it was incredible. At the time (ten years ago) we stayed at a place with tents only owned by a couple who wanted to turn it into a lodge of somekind. There was another lodge there as well on the other side of the island. Just down the beach they had incredible scuba gear and boat (used to film castaway) and it was super inexpensive. Incredible scuba diving – highly recommend it, We flew out of Turtle Island on a 3 person plane that was pretty cool back to the capital on the mainland.

    We also went to the Garden Island (Taveuni) and it was great too. It is a slow island with not much population but was great for hiking, scuba (great white wall dive) etc.

    I agree that teh people in Fiji are incredible – so freindly – Bula!

  2. Rob says:

    Gee Steve,
    Can’t help but notice you only rememeber the women’s names!!! lol

  3. Kerri says:

    Wow- I am terribly green with envy. Love your photos and notes- looks like you are not having any problems making friends. Enjoy!!!!

  4. Daryl says:

    Oh yeah, he’s having fun!

  5. Christine says:

    Awww Steve we got a mention! Your awesome too!! Oh and we left Mana early thats why u didnt see us there, I told a few of the guys there to look out for u and to tell u that we had to leave. Sounds soooo stupid but I actually couldnt handle the way they treated their dogs there it was all so cruel! So I had to leave, we went to the coral coast instead which was alot of fun!

    Haha Kate and her game! That was so funny she just kept catching herself out!

    Anyway hope ur enjoying NZ!! Bounty forever!

    Christine

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.