BootsnAll Travel Network



An amazing week with Philly, now bring on Australia!!!

Rugby game at Mt. Eden Auckland (Blues from Auckland vs Sharks from South Africa)Pkilly and Steve at the hostel in Auckalnd with our rental car (Pat)Shark at Aquarium in Napier (Philly fed it by hand)

Hello all,

I just spent the last week traveling around NZ with Philly and we had an awesome time together.  My last post showed the start of the week.  So after skydiving we headed to do the Tongariro Crossing.  This time we did it in 6 hours and the views were astonishing.  You hike through so many different ecosystems and every turn brings another view.  THe hikes in the Rocky Mountains are cool as well but this is so much different.  After the crossing we headed to Napier and wine country.  We arrived at 11:30 am and were on a wine tour by 12 noon.  THe other tours i had been on you usually got about 5 tasting at each winery.  THe first winery on this tour gave us 8 and I got another because there wazs another one I wanted to try.  We had some good wine and some really cool wineries that had some neat marketing ideas (go to farmgatewines.co.nz).  We got back to the hostel at about 6pm and I was quite drunk and starving for food as we had missed lunch.  It was early to bed which was good because I could sleep everything off.  THe next morning we got up and did a walking tour around Napier and then to the aquarium.  Philly decided to do the scuba feeding and got to swim with the sharks and sting rays.  I took pictures and it was pretty cool watching in the tank, no place for me but maybe I will have to learn how to scuba dive.  We left Napier later that day and made our way back norht and stayed on a 330 acre dairy farm which was interesting to find in the dark.  We went back to Auckland after that and Philly is headed to the south island for a few weeks before working again.  I got tickets for a live rugby match that had the Aucland team playing a team from South Africa.  I went with 7 other guys from the hostel and had a great time.  The team from SA won but it really did not matter much to us.  I am chilly out right now getting ready for my flight to Australia on Wednesday (which would be Tuesday for you in Canada).  I am going to try to get a flight to Tasmania as soon as I get there and hang there for a few weeks before tackling the mainland.  It looks like I can get a 1 year visa but can only stay for 3 months at one time.  So I will break up Oz with some trips to Tonga, Samoa and Vanautu.

Looks like the next ime I write I will be in Oz, so till then take care.

SteveWine tour in Napier



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.