BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 5: 18th Feb – Vienna

Yet another early start, but the prospect of two days in our next destination makes the journey more bearable.  6/7 hours drive and we arrive in Austria.  Vienna will be our home for the next two days and the hostel seems to be a fitting place to spend such time.  After putting down all the bags, the group head out into the town.

Vienna is a beautiful city with towering buildings and a sense of grandness with almost every element of the city; grand cathedral, immense landmark buildings and a comprehensive transport system.  Even though it was mid afternoon, we managed to cover a lot of the city before dark, giving us a good idea of what to do the next day.

On to dinner, and we find a local pub with local food (well, schnitzel).  Cheap and cheerful, what more could we ask for?  We had also met a guy at the Hostel called James, a Liverpudlian who was up for a laugh.  After a few drinks at the hostel bar a small group of us head out to a jazz bar for some live music and a bit of a dance.   A fun time and a good reason to explore the night life of Vienna.  We all stumble home for some rest as tomorrow will be the start of our tourism.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *