BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 33: 18th Mar – Delhi

The drive to the capital was estimated at 12 hours.  So far, our bus was bumpy to say the least and the most uncomfortable by far.  With no planned stops (other than the usual pit and toilet stops), the prospect of the journey wasn’t promising for us all.  Out of my boredom, I manage to befriend the driver’s assistant and have a go at using the intercom system on the coach.  The only other activity for the drive was to look at the scenery.  India’s landscape is a trench-lined highway flanked by fields, shanty towns and cows.  As interesting as it was, the scene didn’t change much till we hit the city.

Our late arrival into the city was nothing new for us.  The hotel however, Clark International, was a 3-star haven within a hectic and dusty city.  Well decorated and a western twist on everything from service to furniture, the hotel has hit a good nerve in all of us.  Comfortable beds, air conditioning, fully working TV, nice en-suites – a travellers paradise!

Dinner, after much exploration, was in a vegetarian restaurant.  A strange pay-and-go service with ordering the food, and a bingo type calling system all played up to the character of the place.  Despite it’s initial appearance, the food was a welcome change from the tonnes of rice already had within our recent cuisine.  Upon arriving back to the hotel, I take the rest of the leftover rum and polish it off.  That was the end of my night.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *