BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 31: 16th Mar – Lahore

A rest day for us all as we are free till 4pm when Amjad has organised that we all go shopping.  Due to security issues, simply walking out of the hotel was an almost impossible feat.  A lie in was in order!  Considering our hectic schedule so far, a few hours stuck inside the hotel seem to go backwards.  It didn’t help that half of the day was missing power – due to the increased level of electrical output the city has seen over the last few years, power plants cannot meet the demand and, because of this, there would be periodic power outages.  The backup generator was on task, but couldn’t power the whole hotel.  A nuisance or entertainment, you decide.  Eventually, after faffing around and eating lots of room service, we head out to the shops!

The market square was not large, diverse nor pretty, but it did provide the essentials.  A couple of hours out and we head back to the hotel.

After getting back, Wayne, Anne and I head out to a restaurant recommended by the hotel manager.  The manager also kindly chauffeurs us to the place.  Sarhad Restaurant, five minute drive from the hotel serves traditional Pakistani cuisine.  The restaurant itself is quintessentially traditional; hammock like seats, local families with kids running and playing and a butcher located near the entrance preparing the cuts of meat used in the dishes – amazing.  Food is nice, but the atmosphere was something more than the food could ever offer for the traveller.  The rest of the night would be filled with beer and football.  High spirits as tomorrow is the beginning of a new country – India!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *