BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 27: 12th Mar – Sukkur

A long drive is in store for us today, making for an early start. There is a chance for us to see one of the royal excavations and another mosque before getting into Sukkur. On the way to the excavation, we have the chance to try riding on top of the bus. Getting on the roof was amusing in itself, but the experience of being on top of the bus is unexplainable and indescribable. Yet another 1st for me.

If you ever decide to do a trip like this, be sure you do not mind photos of you sleeping being taken, as it was something accustomed to the males within the group. Just a warning.

The excavations prove to be quite bland, but the attention gained from some local school groups makes the whole experience a memorable one. I say group, it was more like a mob. Regardless of their size, their enthusiasm was the main attraction and what was won us all over. Great photos had by all. The mosque was equally unexciting and was also our stop for lunch.

Dusk hits as we get to our hotel for the night. Dinner is, obviously, at the hotel. A traditional buffet with a set price and a projector at the foot of the table as entertainment. The food is nothing special, so instead I opt for a few beers (a theme of recent times) and a light chat, ending our night.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *