BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 18: 3rd Mar – Dogubeyazit

Our last stop in Turkey is a border town.  A long drive ahead means we won’t have much time in the place, so we assume it’ll be a case of dinner and rest.

On the way, less than one hour after we depart from Erzincan, a wheel from our trailer carrying the luggage comes off.  As we were driving along, we hear a loud thud followed by a scraping sound and a wheel flying by the window.  Unfortunately for our driver the wheel manages to roll into the nearby river, unreachable if you don’t wade in.  The weather had turned ugly; rain turning to a blizzard, sideways snow and a freezing temperature.  After one and half hours of trying to catch the wheel, we eventually get it back, but the trailer is no more.  Bags on the bus, but it’s the last day so we’re fortunate.

7pm and we enter the town of Dogubeyazit (doggybiscuit as we’ve renamed it).  Hotel Grand Derya is nothing special, something that we’ve all become accustom to.  The town is small, quiet and dusty; our first glimpse of what is to come over the next few weeks.  Dinner is cheap and we go as a group for a kebab (obviously).  At the hotel, internet is on everyones mind.  Facebooking and blogging.  Tomorrow is a big day for us all – IRAN.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *