BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 16: 1st Mar – Göreme

6am and there is a minibus outside the hotel ready to take us on our ballooning trip. We drive to the head office of the ballooning company and get registered. After a complimentary cup of tea, we drive to our launch site somewhere within a field out of the town. The balloons were already being filled with hot air, so we managed to get some photos of the whole process. Our pilot is called Sehran and he’s been flying for over 7 years. The views of Goreme are breathtaking and the one hour flight meant we managed to take a lot of pictures. Lots. We head back to the hostel after having some complimentary sparkling wine to have some breakfast and a little rest.

We decide to take scooters around the town in order to see some sites and maybe find some hidden treasures. Only a few of us wanted to take the risk, so the small group head over to the scooter hire place. Once there, the gentleman helping us hire the scooters informs us of his experience and that he recommends we (those who’ve never been on a scooter) should take the safe option and go with the ATV’s. After much deliberation we decide to go with the quads. Just so happens that they turn out to be more fun! Many pictures and tired limbs are the result of two hours of riding around the hilly landscape. Time, again, for a little rest and some lunch.

Dinner was organised the night before by our leader; B-B-Q with soup for starters and all for 10 TLR. Just so happens they have a decent pool table. Some beers, some bubbly and some pool. After we finish the others decide to call it a night, but I feel like having a few more drinks. I buy a bottle of vodka and let the rest head back to the hotel. After a wander around I try to find a good place to see the sunset. I missed it (somehow) so I head back to the hotel before we set off to our next destination.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *