BootsnAll Travel Network



Don’t Kiss The Jellyfish

Recently I have been receiving enquiries from my worldwide fan base and knowing I am here in Palau they ask,

“Papa Mike have you swam with the jellyfish like they did on Survivor Thursday night?”

Well dear readers the answer is yes. Papa Mike and a small group of westerners recently took the plunge along with 37 Taiwanese visitors; the Asian group sported bright orange life jackets, was attached to a rope and looked to be non-swimmers experiencing the magic of masks, fins and a snorkel for the first time. There was none of those svelte Survivor babes in the water like you saw. The serenity of Jellyfish Lake was somewhat disturbed by the frantic paddling, gesturing and shouts of foreign astonishment from the other group who seemed to be having the time of their life in the bathtub warm water of the lake. I am sorry to say we were not allowed to vote them off the island.

On a more serious note, the jellyfish, despite what they said on Survivor Thursday night, does indeed sting. It is just that after years in their microclimate of the lake the power of their sting has diminished. You can be assured that if the jellyfish brush up against your underarm or other sensitive areas you will receive a sting. That is why Papa Mike is issuing this important health alert, do not and we repeat under no circumstance should you kiss the jellyfish at Jellyfish Lake. As an additional caution, you may also want to avoid the Karaoke Bar at Sarah’s Yum Yum, where I believe the Taiwanese snorkelers were heading in their bus.

Papa Mike
April 3, 2005
Rock Islands, Palau



Tags:

2 responses to “Don’t Kiss The Jellyfish”

  1. Jim Reynolds says:

    Papa Mike!
    this is the first time I’ve gotten on the blog, I hate computers after working on them all day. Your trip so far sounds great. Although I will probably never attempt to kiss a jellyfish we did caress momma and baby whales in Laguna San Ignacio, BCS. We had a fabulous trip that left us filled with great memories and a very strong urge to return again sometime soon. We are looking forward to the house warming. Happy underwater trails and such to you my brother. Take good care and keep in touch!

  2. Jerry and Sandi says:

    MIKE!!!!!! We missed you at the Buffett concert. We had a great time and the weather was mighty fine. We kept the cocktails flowing in your honor and we saluted you during the “national anthem.” Hope that your trip home is safe and speedy. We are looking forward to Memorial day weekend. See ya soon.