BootsnAll Travel Network



Where to go next…

So for my next travels, I’ll be back to Europe at the end of June, beginning of July. Originally I was going to be flying through Cologne, Germany.. but due to various factors, that has changed. I’m now going to fly into Amsterdam, and out of Dublin… and need to figure out what to do in the middle. I need to spend a few days at the beginning in A’dam, but it’s all pretty loose. Actually, it’s very loose… to the point that I can’t actually make any plans until they happen, as I don’t know for sure how long I’m going to need to be in A’dam.

My original plan, when I was going to be going through Germany, was to spend more time there. That’s still a possibility, but I’ve also realized since then that I’ll be there right during the final games of the World Cup. That could make it a hell of a party time… on the other hand it could be insanely expensive and hard to find a bed. So, I was thinking maybe France… but for some reason France just isn’t calling to me right now. Not that I don’t want to go… but right now I just don’t seem to be feeling it. Maybe I just haven’t read enough about what I might want to do there yet. (Actually, I know this is the case…) The destination that I’ve really been pulled towards, though, is Spain. Maybe because of the beaches in the summer… maybe because of the chance to speak more Spanish… maybe because of the different feel it would have from northern Europe… I dunno, but I’m liking the idea. However, it’s looking like it’ll be rather expensive on the travel side. The train from A’dam is quite a bit more than I’d like, and flights in and out of Spain that time of year are quite a bit more than I’d like….

Grrr… choices, choices…

Suggestions?



Tags: ,

One response to “Where to go next…”

  1. *Liz says:

    SPAIN! Yes, great idea! Check easyjet and RyanAir for cheap fares…probably less expensive then the train. They both have nifty maps where you rollover your departure city and it shows where it flys from there. I can send you some other lowcost flyers too…maybe even KLM can get you there. Otherwise, book an overnight train. They are a bit expensive, but when you subtract the cost of a bed for the night, and see the distance you cover, it’s not AS bad….maybe…kind of. Plus Schipol is a major hub, so you’re bound to find something.
    I’d love to chat with you about this. I get my life back in a week and half when class ends…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *