BootsnAll Travel Network



Shooting up, part deux

Woo! Disease-free for me!

The process took longer than I expected, and it was all because of the “consultation” I had to go through first. The nurse gave me a printout from Travax outlining where I was going and what I needed or was recommended, then went over everything explaining what it was, how long it was good for, blahblahblah. I was there for a total of 2 hours… the actual shots took about 3 minutes. Hep A and B, Typhoid, Tetanus, and a flu shot for the hell of it. Totaled $226. The Hepatits shots were together in one, and I need to go back for another in a month, and a final one 5 months after that. The Typhoid was in pill form, 4 pills, take one every other day. I originally decided against the Yellow Fever, because it’s not needed for the areas of Perú I’ll be in, however I’ve since decided to get it, anyway. I don’t want to get held up at any borders over bullshit like that or anything, and besides, it’s good for 10 years, so I should just do it while the insurance will cover it, especially because I hope that I’ll need it in the near future… because that means I’m travelling! And, my friend Lindsey who’s going with me can be a bit of a spaz sometime 🙂 She got worried that I’d contract Yellow Fever or some bullshit and kept bugging me about it, so I promised I’d get it if she ripped up the pack of cigarettes she had, since I don’t want to carry her down the Inca Trail when she can’t breathe anymore. She immediately ripped them up, so today I made the appointment to get the Yellow Fever vaccine when I get the 2nd Hep shot. We’ll see if she really stops smoking like she said….



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *