BootsnAll Travel Network



One week to go

It is slowly starting to sink-in that I am leaving in a week. I still have a lot to do.

I have been dividing my days between shopping for goodies and ripping as many CDs as I can onto my new ipod. It has so far performed flawlessly, though I am not sure if i’ll be able to fill it up completly before I leave. 40 gigs is a lot of music. A week ago my friend Mike and I drove a Uhaul down to Phoenix over two days. I set the ipod to play a random mix and it certainly made the trip go by a lot faster. It was also nice not having to find a new radio station every hour or so. I just hope the heat and humidity of SE Asia is not too intense for the gaget.

As far as the shopping goes, I have visited Midwest Mountaineering and REI numerous times trying to nail down my clothing and gear. I spent a few hours on Sunday on a quest to find a new pair of Reef sandals. The previous evening I celebrated my 5-year high school reunion and during the course of the night I somehow managed to break the right sandal. The details on how this occured are still hazy.

The next few days I need to get a few more shots as well as pick up some Malaria medication and antibiotics. Also I need to get some travel insurance and revise my resume. Still much to do…



Tags:

Comments are closed.