BootsnAll Travel Network



So it Begins

Day: 1

“Hey, you can take a train from Chicago all the way to Texas, then the rest of Central and South America is connected by land. We should do that someday.”

I said those words to Jordana about 4 years ago. Although since I was about 11 years old my parents had this green atlas that I used to dream about travel, I used a hi-lighter to plan out routes. The fact that you can travel south from Toronto all the way to Tierra Del Fuego on the very tip of South America by land (well it looks that way on the map)has fascinated me since then.
World Map
So that was the birth of this trip, really it was that simple. People also ask; “How is the planning coming along?” Well in regards to the actual trip there isn’t much. I mean you just save some cash and go. The most planning done was what to do with our condo, car etc. The hard part is saying bye to family and friends for awhile. Other than that believe me when I tell you that anyone can do a trip like this, you just have to really want it. Now you know why we never had cable or a cell phone? It’s all about making sacrifices and spending money on what you really want out of life, I call it personal investment.

Ok enough of that, so where are we going? Greyhound bus to Chicago then the Amtrak from there to Austin, Texas. South from there into Mexico, Central America and South America. Somehow get to Africa and then head north toward Europe, then east to Asia and back to North America. Easy.

Right, so I’m not going to go on much more here. We will have plenty of stories from all over the world that will be far more interesting. Hope you’ll join us and live vicariously through the blog and our travels.

In closing, I would like once again to thank Al Gore for “inventing” the internet and making this blog possible. Is there anything this man can’t do?



Tags: ,

-6 responses to “So it Begins”

  1. Kim Cochrane says:

    Hey you guys….!nrnrGood for you! I will be watching your progress intently….. have an amazing time….nrWhere are you planning to go???nrnrKim

  2. Alex says:

    Awesome! I was hoping you’d do this blog, Mike. I love travelogues, and it’s even better when I know the people doing the travelling.

    I hope you will update often. I will definitely check in to follow your adventure. (bookmarked)

    Cheers,
    Alex (SuperTFC)

  3. Frankie A says:

    This sounds great! I am happy for the both of you. Cant wait to hear how the rest of the world is doing, coming from a couple of Canadians!!

  4. Paul Heung says:

    Hi Guys,

    Wow, do you guys ever sit still? This has got to be your biggest adventure ever! Not sure if you’ll be able to do the entire trip without air travel, but knowing you, you’ll find a way!

    I look forward to reading your stories while you travel. Take care,

    Paul

  5. All the best, Jordana! It’s so darn QUIET at work with you gone (read: boring). I’ll be following your adventures. Stay safe, you two.

  6. Your Seester says:

    Hey turistas! How is Mexico? We miss you already! Yo caro taco bell and some updates pleeze!

Leave a Reply