BootsnAll Travel Network



Moving Day

Day 208

We woke up today in our small double room, showered in the small, somewhat dirty share bathrooms and set out to get $230 U.S. for the apartment. We had to pay cash for the week rental. So really not much to write about today, although you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to get a cash advance in Buenos Aires. You know how hard? Impossible. Banks will not give you cash here. They won’t even convert pesos to U.S. dollars, only dollars to pesos. Anyway finally I found an exchange booth that did exchange pesos to dollars and all was good.

We met the owner of the apartment and a gentleman from the agency at 4pm. We went up to the small one bedroom that looked to be the perfect fit for us for our stay here. We were still in Palermo Viejo, a neighbourhood Lonelyplanet calls “the hippest on the planet”. It may be, all though its a bit too trendy and I’ve decided Lonelyplanet is just to bourgeois for myself.

We headed out grocery shopping, excited to finally make a dinner. Jordana made a great pasta with soya and it almost felt like we were at home. Anyway that was pretty much our day. Uneventful but it felt great to have our own place in such a great city. All for the same price of a crappy double room with share bath at a hostel.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply