BootsnAll Travel Network



A Change of Plans

Day 250

The beach at Tofo was great. Soft sand, warm water backed by beautiful dunes. There was lots to like about Tofo. The problem was there was enough that we didn’t like that we have decided to leave after one more night here. Actually we have decided to not travel further north in Mozambique as previously planned. The original plan was to go north up the coast then cut across the country west to Malawi. However after seeing what things cost here in Mozambique we just can’t afford to travel here. We’ve been really surprised at the cost of things here, from hostel rooms to food things are not priced like a budget travel destination. Not only that but the toughest thing is the terrible value here, our $30 grass hut being a perfect example. So the new plan is one more night here in Tofo then back to Maputo for one night and back to big bad Jo’burg. Some backtracking yes, but then its north to Victoria Falls. A sight that we’ve decided we shouldn’t miss.

With our new plan sorted we still had another day on the beautiful beach here in Tofo. Not much to really tell you about it, well if I did it might just make you jealous of the warm blue waters here. So I’ll spare you the details of our lazy day on the beach. We did have a fantastic meal down the beach at Dino’s Restaurant. Jordana had a great fish kebab and I had some fresh and perfectly grilled squid. It was one of the best meals we’ve had in a long time.

We hit the bed early as our bus leaves at the ungodly hour of 4am tomorrow. I wish Mozambique worked out differently but it seems the country just doesn’t have the tourist infrastructure yet. So what is available is quite pricey, unfortunately just a bit too pricey for Jordana and I.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply