BootsnAll Travel Network



Scenic Views and Rugby

So getting up at 6.30 in not fun even on holiday especially when you have crazy people sitting outside your dorm window until the early hours drinking and singing – urghh wish i had been able to join them its no fun when you are the sucker trying to get some much needed sleep.

Its either the fresh air out here or the fact that i have walked more this week than well i dont care to remember when, but i am totally knackered by 10pm and ready for my bed – yeah i know i such a crazy hard arsed traveller right – who knows things may well change.

Anyhow back to the point instead of ramble – met up with Simon and Katrin and we headed out of Halifax and down the coastal road – shouting stop to Simon and getting him to pull over everytime there was a kodak moment – and let me tell you there were a lot – kudos to Simon for getting to grips with driving not only on the wrong side but in a powerless automatic. I just dont see the point in them takes the fun out of driving – is it just me who likes to ram through the gears like a racecar driver – yeah thought so!!

This crazy country and their obsession with Halloween – i tell you its still two weeks away and the Canucks have gone crazy with th decorating of their homes. To give thm credit some of the ones we saw were awesome and looked really cool – we ended up pulling up in people’s driveways to take pictures – a little rude i grant you but just paying our respects to their artisticness.

 

 

Stopped in at Peggys Cove which is a major tourist highlight – but really its just a lighthouse on some rocks and a few shops – but hey at least i went there right – although i saw some better views on the way there – especially at Goat Lake – love their names of places here. Carrying on driving we came to Mahone Bay – which has three chuches almost in a line with each other – had to go round other side of bay to capture this as the sun was in the wrong place but i was cool. We were having a blast in the car listening to Candian radio – cool song out here by a group called State of Shock and he song If i give you my money honey or something like that – well it was a cool song. Simon also decided to introduce Katrin to The Wurzels and unfortunately meant i was randomly singing ‘i’ve got a brand new combine harvester’ most of the day – argghh

 

 

We stopped for lunch in Lunenburg which is a cool little town and then headed out back down the coast to Coves Park and Rissers Beach – and after some lucky navigating eventually made our way back to Halifax as it started to rain. Got back into the hostel at around 7 – a totally awesome day and remade the point that having a car over here is the way to go.

Hit upon the idea to stay in Halifax for an extra night so i could watch the rugby and then catch the train with Pattie on sunday – the twenty hour train ride was beginning to loom. Very surprised with Via Rail – they were extremely helpful and the changing of my ticket took a whole 30 seconds amazing – i love this country.

Saturday loomed with driving wind and rain – great so treated myself to a lie in – i know my life is so exciting right!! and then headed to the Irish bar the Old Triangle to get my seat ready for the rubgy. As it turned out this was the only pub in Halifax showing the game and so 2 hours before it was jam packed with Brits, couple of Springboks and a few randoms who were all cheering on South Africa – everyone just loves England – yeah right. Met some very lovely ex pats who had taken over the pub and continued to watch a very nervewracking game – and then it was all over England had lost and the Springboks were champions – fair play to them they were awesome.

And that ended my time in Halifax which was a truly awesome place and a great city to start my trip. Montreal here i come!!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *