BootsnAll Travel Network



Nuts and Bolts..

Adjusting to former life is never easy. Wise words which have to be lived to know that they are true. Really. So far, I actaully have been doing okay but people around me seem to be a little nervous. When am I going to find a job? That is pretty much what some of the folks I have talked to after returning about a week ago ask me about.

Things take time and settling down is hard. My poor monster was in a not so great shape. After a 5 month hibernation it was a bit moody and cranky and a big boo boo on the driver’s side helped neither of us. One by one I got things checked and changed but still there remained a tiny problem. All of a sudden the “check engine” light flickers, making me very nervous. In a car like mine I have to be careful as I could cause serious damage on the road to others, my safety is the least of my concern.


So I take the car to a mechanic down the road from my cousin’s place. The first day he said “everything okay” drive for another day or two and see if the problem still persists. I went back again after a few days and he said he would do the diagnostics test and see what the problem is. A day of anxiety as just the thought my monster under the knife makes me nervous. Its always a expensive bill. But, my faith in humanity more so in mechanics was restored when the guy did’nt even charge me a penny. He said all was fine and the problem was with a loose evac cap and maybe I will have trouble during a smog check but right now he did’nt think we should mess around. He assures me all is fine and am driving a safe vehicle. A couple days later the engine light dissapears just as suddenly as it appeared. Strange, but then what do I know about cars. Maybe time to take a class or two to understand the mechanics of these driving machines.Maybe not.

Car done.

Bank work done.

Changed insurances. Done. Well still need to do medical. Yikes better do it fast.

Can’t find winter clothes in storage. Need to shop. Seriously, not a excuse I really can’t find them. Then again its the best time to get deals, why miss that opportunity.

Looking for a job. Oh! no time to face reality.

Every cloud does have a silver lining. Will be going back to India in Feb for my brother’s wedding. Keeps me going. Yippee



Tags:

Comments are closed.