BootsnAll Travel Network



Hit by a truck….

No No….don’t worry I was not. It just feels that way. So in preparation for my Kilimanjaro climb I’m keeping up with my training routine. Not! Now it will be couple more weeks before I get going with my walk and hikes again. I seem to be finding excuses but this one is genuine.

Dancing always is a good alternative to gym. Seriously it is. Especially Salsa…after a fun dancing session with my girl friends and one garnish male friend of a friend…I ended right smack on the sidewalk. Bruised and scraped my cheek tore my favorite pair of jeans and now both my shoulders are useless. It hurts like…can’t find a simile.


The good thing, I was always wanted two holes in my jeans right at my knees. I didn’t want to use the scissors, and it’s so pretentious to pay $150 for one with factory made holes but now I have mine with a story. Of course have to hide them from mom who is visiting soon.

Yes! Mr. Morgan was involved. Or was it Mr. Myers. I think latter. But have to say I blame the sidewalk more. The gentlemen behaved perfectly. I really cannot find fault with them.

It was all in a nights work. I was among friends and that is the best part when they take care of you…not just hail a cab. I slept like a baby. Reminded me of an evening in Goa when I ended the day with a great massage and a good nights sleep. No dreams.

All I did today was watch movies, wanted to watch all light ones but my friend H slipped one which made one think. Movie called “Control Room”. About little known cable satellite TV station called Al Jazeera. Going to the HAM’s place (H, M and their baby A) always lifts my spirits. The footpath victim needed a baby to show that it’s all good.

So “Control Room” is set in 2003 the early hours of the attack on Iraq by US forces. Sometimes I feel so guilty for having shut off the news from my life. The war has not changed my life one bit, it has affected me, so many things do not affect me…but they make an impact. A realization, that life continues in other parts of the world without my knowledge. Watch the movie. Its choppy (might be because the disc was skipping) but it shows you a different point of view. Truth does lie somewhere in between. And today is the 4th of July. It’s Independence Day. Yeah or is it Nay.

On the lighter side of things I discovered a little place called “Taco Loco”. Reminds me of places in Mexico City where we would stop 2am in the morning and get some of the best Taco’s El Pastor. Here you can find that on the corner of 29th and Mission. Well I think well before 2 am though.

Cheers to good food. It always makes one feel better. Does it not? Back to my movies, next on my list is Osama. Not what you think.
.



Tags:

One response to “Hit by a truck….”

  1. Dusty says:

    Ouch.ouch.ouch…that must have hurt like crazy. How are you feeling now? I am so glad you began to write again. Photograph those jeans, we want to see them on the blog, right here. Spl mistakes and stuff — hey relax. I am not a writer when I punch my blog. You are so right:Truth does lie somewhere in between, in most cases at least. I am off to the office now, catch u on the blog later.