BootsnAll Travel Network



Humanity Mankind Comes Of Age – Part VII

(Continued…)

Humanity Mankind’s only hope is flight and he must learn it after take-off.

If only he could fly…

That eagle soaring toward him could serenely take the canyon rim, and wheel and turn above it, without a thought of rocks below. How did she do it?

Subdued by desperation, Humanity Mankind reconfigures… a sudden willing, watching, fledgling.

“She soars on nothing! What is there that holds her up? Allows those graceful turns and easy risings? No flapping in her wings; legs tucked under her body. I’ll try that! Why is she so confident? What is her  strength? She has no fear. I want that too.

Oh, Eagle! I will your little eaglet be; if only you will speak to me!”

“Oh Mankind, let us fly together. What you lack in plume and feather, you will find within your heart!”

This eagle voice echoes in his head; not in his ears. It calms him. Age-old blither voices fade away and fear is gone. He stretches out his arms, like wings; legs together, body straight. The frightened runner feels a warm wind lifting him, steady and secure. Some invisible flow has taken hold upon the moment.

“She answered me! She will teach me flight! I’m ready, Mother Eagle. How shall I do it?”

The early morning sun finds man and eagle soaring side by side. Wordless words flow softly to and fro. Sweet prayer rises to the heavens, calling forth an eternity of power. Off-guard completely, this man’s man settles into love. He rides those thermal drafts from somewhere deep within the danger zone.

She sings to him. He can’t believe it! Suspended there, his past encasings fall away. His shackles…feet and hands…just fall away. Injured eyes, torn hair, scratched skin, warring fingers…all like snakeskin, peel away and plummet to the past; like clues for archeologists, into his first earth’s clefting.

Oh, lighter and at peace, Humanity Mankind listens to his heart. Not eagle’s song, but Other. A Holy Sound! Coming from the universe…

No…from far above the universe. A thrumming, pulsing, happy Voice! A human-sounding Holy Voice:

“Humanity Mankind! Are you willing to fly? You have a Sage beside you. Her name is Nature and she is Mine, as all of them have been. Her lantern is the sun. Now, fly with her across the canyon rim and on beyond. You needn’t run in darkness anymore; but wing your way, a new creation, far, far beyond your highest hopes! You are aloft. Your soul is safe. So, sing the Eagle Song and come to Me, My Son!”

And, as they fly, wings spring from him and woman springs from her. Lovers, angel-like, they soar beyond that chasm, soon behind them and forgotten.

One, the soul and one, the song.

One, the lamp and one, the light.

One, the spark and one, the flame…

“One, the Sage and one, the Seeker. Humanity Mankind has come of age!”

(The End)    Written by Linda J. Brown, August 11, 1993

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,



Leave a Reply