BootsnAll Travel Network



birthday bash in the back of beyond

this was a special day at the ranch: Egirl4 became Egirl5. Our hosts have become very familiar with this family and so they had become aware, several days ago, that this birthday was coming up. I think they had all been resigned to the possibility that this birthday was to be cakeless. In all their travels up to this point they had been able to get some sort of cake for the birthdays which in this family of 10, occur at regular intervals throughout te year.

But as chance would have it, two problems  occurred yesterday whjch requiired that our host would have to take a 40km trip to the settlement of Darkhan: one to get some drive pulleys for a gang-saw he is cobbling together. and the other to try and find a replacement  power-pack for Rob’s lap-top which blew up the other day.

So Rob and Host drove off and disappeared for most of the day. They found the pulley, but had to get someone to re-machine it to size. Rob had no luck in his search for a power pack BUT they did come across a bakery with a fantastic cake! So this morning Tgirl5 was delighted to find that she had a cake after all.

   

The rest of the day has been very quiet

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply