BootsnAll Travel Network



Part Four: LOST…Paradise Lost

Ok so that was Koh Samui. My trip was planned to end here..after 4 short days…but unfortunately we ran into a small problem. And when I say unfortunately I say it with much sarcasm and in reality it was thankfulness. We were stranded…or “lost” on the island…there were no ferry spots available to Bangkok until the 8th, it was the 3rd. I was not heartbroken to say the least. Since we were stranded against our will…we made our way to Koh Tao…the third island next door and most soi of the trio. Tao was by far my favorite- it is smaller and quieter then the others. Here we spent a full day snorkeling (swimming with sharks!), relaxed on the beach, ate fresh seafood and fruit shakes and received the best massage of my life (sorry grandma). I must comment on this massage, however…it was sunset as I lied on the beach practically naked with a mere sheet for protection and my body surrendered to this tiny Thai woman. She was older and seemed frail, but she new what she was doing. For an hour and half and for 10 dollars (300 baht) I was a in a state of bliss. I was in one of those states…where I didn’t care that people probably saw my bare ass, I didn’t care that an old Thai woman was standing on top of me, twisting my body into a pretzel. All I know is that it may have been the best part of my trip…

The trip home was another long one…12 hours between bus and ferry and a sleep over again in Bangkok. So…all in all…you could say I had a good vacation…up until my first day back and now im on this bus in the freezing cold sleeping on cement floors. It could be worse though and I keep telling myself that. In all honesty these are the stories ill remember. Their for your enjoyment as well as mine…I am relieved a bit to be back in the North.  I can live out of a backpack for so long.  And althugh the islands are me…they are not thailand.  We had a good time in the aussie and irish pubs and living with backpackers…but during my travels I met people from probably every country except from Thailand..and the US for that matter.  It makes me appreciate this experience even more…because I see the real Thailand and its people.

Oh and ps- happy birthday ally!! I know its late…but im sure you understand.

Pps this entry is dedicated to marianne, kelly, lisa, jen, Anthony, shanna, Jessie, joi (the random thai girl we ran into numerous times on KPG) and everyone else who shared these memories



Tags:

One response to “Part Four: LOST…Paradise Lost”

  1. Ally says:

    Thanks for the B-Day shoutout KimKim!!!!!!! :o)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *