BootsnAll Travel Network



The Overwhelmed Traveler

The word “overwhelmed” has been a staple in my vocabulary for as long as I can remember. Anytime I would approach something in my life the first thing that came to mind was how overwhelming it seemed. When I was younger it was school work, school itself, projects, piano playing, reading and an assortment of failed hobbies. Now that i’m older it is work, college, 401k’s, friendships, living arrangements and the rest of life’s wonderful obligations.

It is amazing to think that I have come to a point in my life where I may have found something that, for atleast the time being, gives me a glimmer of hope that I can accomplish something… ANYTHING. That doesn’t mean I am not overwhelmed by the responsibility and hard work that comes with long-term world travel… it just means that somewhere along the way the line between overhwelmed and empowered was blurred.

I wonder if this is a start to something… maybe I have found my niche. Helping others plan their trips who feel that there is no way they could ever pull something like that off. Or better yet, just inspire them to do it on their own.

If I had the travel community support when I was in high school like I have now, who knows where I would have been right now.

tafuro



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *