BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy New Year

2007 is here in just a few hours.

I had my going away party last night. It was nice. I decided that last night was my NYE celebration so tonight I’m taking it easy. I tend to like doing NYE quietly.

I went over to my grandparent’s for dinner tonight and got to say good bye to them. My grandma seems really excited for my trip. She gave me prayer card for St. Christopher who is the patron saint of travel. I thought it was very thoughtful and regardless of my beliefs I have no problem honoring her wish to keep it with me in my pack while I’m traveling.

May the Almighty and merciful Lord direct us on the road of peace and prosperity, and may the Angel Raphael be our companion on our journey; so that we may return to our home and loved ones with peace, refreshment, and all joy.

St. Christopher, patron of travelers, pray for us, and protect us from evil.

I leave in less than 72 hours and I actually think I’m ready. I don’t know if the world is ready for me yet. With the current situation in East Africa, bombs in Madrid and Bangkok, it seems to all be hitting really hard right now. My next post should be my final “pre-trip” entry and pretty soon I will be signing in from exotic locations.



Tags: ,

2 responses to “Happy New Year”

  1. Kristen says:

    Hey Joey,

    Good luck – safe travels! Bird flu was all the rage when I was leaving for my trip….there will always be something. Just keep your head up!

    Cheers!
    Kristen (Clearwater, FL)

  2. travelgirltiff says:

    joey, so proud of you , and inspired by you! write often so we can be even more inspired as you move along your journey

  3. Rachel says:

    So that’s it huh?nrnrYou leave tomorrow! I’ll be keeping an eye on you. Keep me posted as you intinerary filled in so I know where to book my ticket too. I guess I’ll be seeing you in a couple of month. Say hi to Dasiy for me!

    Good Luck!!!

    Rachel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *