BootsnAll Travel Network



Gold robber shot by police

This is the new article that talks about the incident outside the hospital when I was leaving yesterday.

——————————————————————————–
Gold robber shot by police
Posted on Friday, 9 March 2007, 10: 48 GMT

A gunman robbed a gold shop in the Chiang Mai muang district, but was shot by police officers during his escape attempt. Chiang Mai police report that Mr. Supat Lhuengpechngam entered the Yaowaraj Gold shop in the Padung market of the Chiang Mai muang district and brandished a fake pistol in an attempt to rob the gold shop’s owner, Mr. Narin Meeratanakarn. Mr. Narin produced a real firearm in an effort to prevent the robbery but was overpowered and had the weapon stolen from him. Police revealed that Mr. Narin and his wife were shot in the process. A traffic officer in the vicinity responded to the incident and opened fire on Mr. Supat, killing him as he tried to flee the scene. The gold shop owner received slight injuries but his wife was fatally wounded and passed away at a local hospital shortly after the incident. A street vendor was also injured in the exchange of gunfire between Mr. Supat and the traffic officer. (Source: Public Relations Department)



Tags: , ,

0 responses to “Gold robber shot by police”

  1. Vinny Tafuro says:

    Interesting that in Thailand when a woman is killed she is only named in the article as Mr. Narin’s wife.

  2. Carlos A says:

    wow Crazy stuff son

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *