BootsnAll Travel Network



Bank of America is AWESOME

I have heard a lot of bad things about Bank of America from different people but I have yet to see where the problem is. Last night I called customer service to see if I could get international ATM fees waived. Obviously I wouldn’t be able to use Bank of America in Vietnam so I felt as if to keep my business they would want to accommodate my situation. At first, the service rep told me there was nothing they could do for me so I told him I would like to close my account. (I was completely bluffing, I really didn’t want to leave Bank of America) Then he transferred me to their retention department where I explained my situation.

I told the woman that I really liked doing business with BofA but unfortunately since they were unable to waive ATM usage fees while I was in a part of the world that would not allow me to access BofA machines then I would have to switch to a competing bank that already told me they would. She was pretty quick to back track and “take a look at my account” again. After a few minutes she told me that she set my account up so that it would waive all foreign ATM machine fees from now until December 5th of 2007.

Of course it took a little bluffing to work and at first they acted like they couldn’t but this isn’t the first time Bank of America has helped me out with stuff. So, as much as people talk about how evil they are I just wanted to share my travel planning, feel good story with you.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *