BootsnAll Travel Network



At Work

Well, here I am on vacation, and I’m sitting in an office. Talk about a good time. So far, a very untraditional type of vacation; 4 US airports, 4 airplanes, a train, 2 Ramada Inns (well that would be fun for Li’l M), and Hewlett Packard!! I did get to drive the BMW today! However, the thrill was slightly lessened by the fact that I couldn’t scoot my seat back and had to drive in short-legs position with my knees crammed into the dash and by the fact that I couldn’t figure out how to change the CD player from Schnoopy, a highly annoying german children’s CD that was blaring at a very high decibel while a made a 10 point turn out of Jaimi’s tiny garage parking space. I finally made it out, found the volume control (at least) and made it here where Jaimi was waiting with a “Where have you been” look.

Actually, it has been a very nice day. I got to sleep in until 8, read my book, had a nice German breakfast in Jaimi’s sunny apartment, and then met her for a workout at her gym: a very nice fitness center, except for the OPEN showers!(and you guys thought sharing a hotel room was bad.)  Now I am getting a chance to blog while she finishes up a meeting before we head off for the afternoon. I am also very happy to announce I am already fully recovered from my jet-lag! Yesterday, I was pretty tired and Jaimi had to pester me to stay awake at lunchtime, but I finally got a short nap while she went to her dance class. It may have been the end of me, except I had to wake up for dinner with the new boyfriend, who I had never met before. Jaimi may wish I had stayed in bed. We had a very nice evening and excellent dinner, but I think I may have scared off the boyfriend; we’ll see if he shows up for dinner, tonight.

Anyway, it is nice to be back in one of my hometowns. I hope all is well back home home, though. Remember not to do anything fun without me. And mom, please kiss all of my dogs for me! 🙂



Tags: ,

One response to “At Work”

  1. tdiddy says:

    Sleeping in is 8am? Glad you’re having a good time. Hey, when do you actually leave for S.A.? By the way, Zappos delivered today. May I just say, we took a poll and we are all glad the sandals got delivered late. They are really ugly Jill, and can’t imagine Jaime being caught dead with you in these things. We’re sending them back! Hope all is well, we miss ya already!

  2. Mom says:

    Hi guys!

    Well, Jill, if YOU managed to scare off the boyfriend, he is SOOO lucky the rest of us were not there!

    Your critters are fine; yes we see the cat every day, can’t lose the little pest. I have only managed to play soccer with the dogs once. We are controlling Luna’s roaming pretty well, but Leo has now convinced Maggie to roam with him so they are the new problem children! But all in all, they are all doing well. Dad has been great about helping put them in and out of the house as we come and go. Love you all!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *