BootsnAll Travel Network



May all beings be happy

A big Happy Holi from Mumbai!

Holi is the festival that marks the end of winter. It is celebrated by throwing lots of tikka powder and water on everyone. Lots of Colured Powder, lots of sweets, lots of cows in the streets and last night heaps of fireworks and loud music and festivities. But I wasn’t there celebrating. I just happened to be in a place where I could hear all the merriment taking place.

This morning I was released from a ten day meditation course, that I voluntary took. I say released because for ten days there is no speaking, no dancing or singing, no eye contact, no reading or writing, nothing but meditation. Kind of remincent of Jail. Closed eyes meditation for that matter. Nothing to do but observe the sensations in the body. Actually first observing the breathe and then the sensations in the body.

So for the last ten days from 4am in the morning to 9 pm at night I meditated. and sat. and meditated and sat. meditated and sat some more of course I meditated some more too.

So the question is how do I feel?

I feel the best I have ever felt in my life.

The mad thing is that It wasn’t me who decided to do the course, my subconscious did the work, got the ticket out of Gorkana, got on the train, made my way to some far out destination in Mumbai and completed the course.

I had even written a blog entry saying I was going to do Vipassana but decided to delete it at the last moment because I felt I was not going to complete it. But here is to showing myself up. I did want to quit. I did cry and pout a few times, I did have to sneak doing handstands in my room to burn off some energy because I could just not take sitting still any longer.

But everytime I wanted to quit, I just tried that much harder, and I came out successful. Thanks to the teaching I came out successful.

My goodness how good it feels.

I am so blessed to be on this beautiful earth, with such loving friends, relatives, and stranges whom I come into contact with everyday. I am so blessed to have the strength to overcome my weaknesses, and Indeed I am so blessed to have 10 more days to enjoy India. Ten more days…

Then back to London town

the good news is I have a job when I get back and a huge family of friends who can’t wait to see me (and an enchanted forest party to attend on st. patties day)

After these ten days in mediation, I can feel so much love in myself, I feel the bliss and compassion that I generate that comes out in waves to the world. And I can see it is already working. I see nothing but smiles from the people I meet. Nothing but laughter in the streets.

May all beings be happy.

Love jessica



Tags: ,

-3 responses to “May all beings be happy”

  1. frankie says:

    A great achievement, Jessica, congratulations!

  2. Jacquie says:

    Hey gorgeous Jessica

    I have read your blogs on this site about Tibet and I can tell you’re a really lovely human being! I have thought about doing a vipassana and way too scary – so well done! But what I wanted to ask you was about traveling in Tibet as a solo – I’m going there in June/July and wanted to know how to get in without having to stick with a *dumb* tour 🙂 – I just want to do what you did and wander around on my own/with whoever I meet for a while! I can come in from either the Kathmandu or China side – any suggestions?? If I have to go by tour, can I buy one in Kathmandu or China, not just on the internet beforehand…? Thank you!

  3. admin says:

    dear jacquie, sorry about my delay, been a bit busy!I would reccomend travelling to tibet via china, it is much easier and less expensive, many people are taking the new train to Lhasa, I couldn’t imagine it would be hard to hook up with others travelling there. If you have any questions feel free to contact me
    jessicakomaromy at gmail .com

    take care
    jessica

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *