BootsnAll Travel Network



Full Power.. Varanasi

Full Power.

Is probably the best way to describe the madness of Varanasi. The cows grazing in the garbage piles in the street, kids flying kites on rooftops, bodies being carried through the winding back alleys towards the ghats, bells being rung at one of the thousands of temples that are around every corner. Queues of pilgrims holing their puja and singing songs for Shiva. (who founded Varanasi by the way) Sparkly bangle shops that line the street. I swear there is action everywhere you look. People going about their business drinking chai, buying vegetables from the old women who set up shop on burlap bags in the corners of alleys.

The holy men, the beggars, the chia wallas, heaps of tuk-tuks, rickshaws, pilgrims, dabas, women in the most amazing saris imaginable.

Full Power!!!!

Imagine a world without…
Supermarkets
24 hour electricity
hot showers
flush toilets/ or toilet paper for that matter.
Heating

I Love it, Love it, Love it.

Big plans for the next week. Heading to Saranath, where Buddha gave his first sermon. And then on to the Kumbha Mela.

The Kumbha Mela is the largest religous gathering in the world. Set in Allahabad at the confluence of three holy rivers – Ganga (Ganges), Yamuna and Saraswati.

According to traditions these holy rivers offers purity, wealth, fertility and wash away the sins of all those who take bath.

This should be interesting to say the least, there is no accomadation so it looks like camping out with the Pilgrims, and taking a bath in the Ganga..

Hot Diggity.
love, hugs and OM Shivas

jessica



Tags: ,

One response to “Full Power.. Varanasi”

  1. momma says:

    where in the hell are you still not amused love dad

  2. admin says:

    dear dad…..

    ummm India.

    love you too.

    ps.

    I am very amused

  3. Aashish says:

    keep on rocking having some wonderful time jess tha’s great

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *