BootsnAll Travel Network



Boldy Going Nowhere

**cool pic**

Lingering in Morocco until the last possible day to make it to the Nowhere festival in Nothern Spain had a price, and I paid dearly for it. Of course the ferry didn’t roll into port at the sheduled time, try 10 hours late. So as luck would have it I missed the last train to Granada and was forced to take a bus from Algericas to Granada arriving at 200am. Wonderful. Good thing I know Granada and even late at night it is a safe town.

By the time I made it to Rhambutan it was 3 am, I slept wonderfully on the terrace, qnd enjoyed the next day running some errands and eating ice cream by the bucket. I was hoping to have a few days in Granada to chill out and slowly merge back into a place where donkeys don’t rule the streets and everything has a set price, but I had to move so I arranged the most hectic two days of travel to get to nowhre by the next afternoon.

One overnight train got me into Barcelona in the morning, from therre I took another train to Zaragoza. I could have arranged a taxi ride to the site, but what is the fun in that?! I decieded to take a few buses to get to the nearest town and hopefully catch a ride to the site. The first bus to Huesca was hopefully getting me to the station with enough time to spare to get the other bus to Robes. I got to the bus station in Huesca just as the Robes bus was happily speeding out of town without me. Bummed out, thinking I had missed the last bus of the day I weighed my options. Internet conncetions in Huesca are practically non-existant, I was beginning to wonder why I always take the hard way of getting places. Ineed there was another bus in six hours as I found out, So I wandered around with my pack feeling heavier than a block of lead before finding the only place open for a bit of refuge from the persistant mid day heat. Thank god the chinese have started tapas bars that are open during siesta.

I wasted away the next few hours with frosty mugs of beer and bad spanish television returning to a non-muslim country isn’t so bad sometimes. Finally I caught the bus to Robes. I, of course was thinking Robes would be teeming with cars full of Nooners heading to the site, imagine my dismay when I arrived to a ghost town, no Nooners, no traffic, and no hope for me. Again, why do I do this to myself? I bucked up laughing and walked down the road in search of the sign printed on my map. I walked past the same old guys sitiing on a bench about five times, they laughed at me as I showed them the directions and they mumbled incomprehensible Spanish at me, of course I am crazy, who else would dare attempt this feat? As the sun was getting lower in the sky I contemplated setting up camp on the side of the road with a harsly fabricated sign indicatiing I am going Nowhere. Indeed I was.

The last direction I had not explored turned out to the the right one, and I started walking. Before I even made it to the sign a car passed and I saw the most glorious sight. Brakelights!! Miss Cheeky opened the door and shouted, Are you going Nowhere?! Yes! I screamed running. YAY!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *