BootsnAll Travel Network



Final days

The trip is coming to an end. It’s been a big, crazy, wonderful trip – but what else would you expect of India? I got really sad the last two days in Varanasi, thinking about having to go home, and wondering if everything will be just the same as I left it. How could it be? The idea was unbearable.

Then I dragged myself out of my mope and got on a train back to Delhi, where I had hands down the best sleep I can remember having in a long time, maybe years. I fell asleep listening to my new All Time Best India Train Album Ever- Low by David Bowie – and slept the sleep of the innocent for a solid nine hours. I woke up a few times just long enough to wiggle around reveling in my comfortable sleepiness.

The trip went a bit long (five hours but hey, who’s counting?) so when I got to Delhi 17 hours later I started to rethink my plan to take the train then turn around and get on a 20 hour flight the next morning. But what’s done is done. Stef was here – yay! – when I got home to Delhi, and one health smoothie and warm shower later, I was right as rain.

Now I have my things strewn all over the living room, trying to figure out exactly how I managed to collect so much stuff over the course of a single month and how to get it all home. I’ve got to sort it out soon because I’m hanging out with my friend Rashmi tonight and then to bed (an early night, I’ve already laid down the law!), and then…and then I guess I’ll wake up in the morning, go to the airport and fly back to San Francisco. Weird.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *