BootsnAll Travel Network



The blazing Irish sun

We arrived in Dublin in the rain. The dreariness and jetlag combined with the reality and complications of being on the road again to bring my spirits down. After a few easy weeks in the US, it was a little tough to face small hotel rooms, figuring out bus routes, and strange foods again. However, the next few days brought beautiful warm sunshine to brighten my mood and provide a great backdrop for seeing the sights. We spent 2 days exploring the city and visited Trinity College, Temple Bar, Christ Church, St. Stephen’s Green, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the Spire, and a few pubs. Probably the sight that cheered me up the most was at the Guinness brewery. The view of the city from the Gravity Bar at the top is fantastic, and the taste of a fresh pint of draught is the perfect accompaniment.

We picked up a rental car and headed south to Kilkenny (Come on the cats!). The countryside is just a green as everyone said it would be and our luck the weather held out for another day so that we could see the Castle (picture below), the Black Abbey, and St. Canice’s basking in the sunlight. It’s good to be traveling again.

blog-kilkenny.JPG

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply