BootsnAll Travel Network



Mother Mother Ocean

For the Parrotheads among you the blog title might conjure up an appropriate song. I’m referring to “A Pirate Looks at Forty” and that’s just what I’m doing. We celebrated my big four-oh with a white water rafting trip on the Buller River. There was even a section of rapids in the middle that you could swim, so of course we did. (“Swim” is a pretty ambitious term. What you actually do is jump out of the raft into freezing water, splash around until you get your breath, and then basically just try to keep your feet up in front of you and float wherever the river wants to take you until a guide fishes you out and back into the raft.)

It was just the thing to energize me and make be feel very much younger than 40… until later on when the stiff muscles set in. We ended the big day with dinner out – no cooking in the campervan! I tried to look back and reminisce a little, but it’s more fun to look forward to the next 40 and daydream about the adventure that is waiting. After all, that’s what Jimmy would do, right?

Here’s a view of something called the Pancake Rocks that we saw a few days ago. It has nothing to do with my birthday, other than that I had pancakes for breakfast.

blog-pancakes.JPG

Tags: , ,



3 Responses to “Mother Mother Ocean”

  1. Avun Says:

    I want to say Happy Birthday Ellyse because if I’m thinking Eric’s is on another month? Happy Birthday Ellyse!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Jin Says:

    Happy 4-oh!

  4. halftime Says:

    Many thanks!

  5. Posted from New Zealand New Zealand

Leave a Reply