BootsnAll Travel Network



Lady and the Tramp(er)

The activity otherwise known as hiking or trekking elsewhere in the world is called tramping here in NZ. We’ve been doing our fair share of it too, although technically anything less than a full day is not really considered a tramp, just a walk.

After being foiled by the weather again (apparently you can’t kayak in gale force winds), we went south to Christchurch and spent a nice evening wandering around the city. The sunshine here cooperated with us, so we took the Tranzalpine train to Arthur’s Pass National Park and tramped to some lovely lookouts and waterfalls under blue skies.

Here’s the mountain town of Arthur’s Pass Village:

blog-arthurspass.JPG

PS – I also learned that I’m not allergic to bee stings, but they are very irritating.

Tags: , ,



3 Responses to “Lady and the Tramp(er)”

  1. Avun Says:

    Looks like you had a lot of tramping to do. Speaking about words that have different meanings..found out last night Indian Pale Ale is called IPA. To the rest of the world IPA is the not so refreshing iso propyl alcohol..

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. John Reilly Says:

    Glad that your are enjoying the great country of NZ. I was able to backpack the north and south islands for six weeks and enjoyed many of the same places! Tramp on! Bungy jumping? – J.R>

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. UNCLE ANDY Says:

    HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT 40TH BIRTHDAY. I DON’T THINK YOU WILL EVER TOP THIS ONE. HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE TRIP.

    AUNT SIS AND UNCLE ANDYU

  6. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply