BootsnAll Travel Network



Dubai Dooby Do

We left Hong Kong en route to Egypt, but booked a 2 night layover in Dubai. It turned out to be a good idea because it’s quite a few more time zones from NZ than we thought and the jet leg is catching up with me.

Dubai has been pretty surprising. The buildings are all incredibly huge (and this is after we’ve come from Hong Kong!) and the architecture of each one is different and interesting. It’s unbelievable how many projects are under construction here. Even with the global slowdown, I’m amazed at how much is going on.

We spent most of the day taking taxis between big complexes of hotels and shopping malls, including the Mall of the Emirates with its own indoor ski slope. Work is also still going on the world’s tallest building – the Burj Dubai dwarfs the rest of the skyline. It’s beautiful, but my favorite is still the sail-shaped Burj al Arab. Here’s the view of it from our table at lunch today.

  

blog-burj.JPG

Tags: ,



One Response to “Dubai Dooby Do”

  1. Abe Says:

    Glad you’re getting a “break” from your labors. I’m curious about whether the construction in Dubai is ongoing or halted midstream. What do you think?

Leave a Reply