BootsnAll Travel Network



A vacation from our holiday, or…

A holiday from our vacation?  We’ve been asking oursevles which way it was.  While we’ve traveling for a few months now,  we really haven’t been in “vacation mode” or in other words, staying at our typical high end resorts and just being tourists.

Now, however, we jumped on a ferry and headed for Phi Phi Island (pronounced Pee Pee, which continues to make us giggle after a few beers).  We stayed a few nights at a beautiful resort, chilled poolside, took the snorkel boat cruise, and had a few tropical drinks.  It was a great break from traveling and felt a little strange to be pampered so much.  We did sneak off the resort grounds for some great, cheap local food in the village nearby – got to stay true to our nature (and our budget).

The water was warm and the views beautiful.  Today, though it was back to reality and Bangkok to do some last minute errands before we head off for our next stop:  Mumbai!

blog-phi-phi.JPG

Tags: , ,



2 Responses to “A vacation from our holiday, or…”

  1. Avun Says:

    Ah…now i see why you’re not tanned yet, Eric.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Chuck Says:

    I’m really glad you made to Phi Phi. I’ll be real curious to hear all about it when you get back and compare what you saw to what Beth and I experienced before the Tsunami.

Leave a Reply