BootsnAll Travel Network



A Fine Rhine Wine Day

We’ve spent the last week splitting our time in Germany between the Black Forest, the Rhine Valley, and now the Mosel Wine Road.  I haven’t posted a blog in a few days because I really just don’t know what to write about right now.  It has been very pleasant here – the food is good, it’s easy to get around, my understanding of German is coming back (although my speaking is still pretty rough), the weather keeps changing between hot sunshine and cool cloudy days, but no rain, and the sights have been interesting.  I’m sure everyone reading our blog is getting tired of hearing about this type of stuff, so I’ve been trying to come up with something else to write about.   I didn’t find any other inspiration today, even after a local Riesling, so you’ll have to endure one more post about castles and rivers and churches.  There are plenty of all of them here and we’ve been visiting our share. Here’s the view of Burg Eltz (scaffolding included – just like every famous site we’ve seen this summer) and a promise for something new in the next blog.

blog-eltz.JPG

Tags: , ,



3 Responses to “A Fine Rhine Wine Day”

  1. Debby Says:

    How about a post about the food you’ve been eating? Have you had any spaetzel? and any recommendations on a good Riesling to pick up when we’re in Germany….:)

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Avun Says:

    Err..how about writing sausages?

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. halftime Says:

    I think we ate spaetzle at least once a day. It’s soooo yummy (and I’m sure not very good for you). The place to get Rieslings is anywhere along the Moselle river valley. There are “Weingut” places for tasting/buying everywhere. Also, there is a great bike trail next to the river that you could probably ride for several days, stopping along the way for some wine.

    Sausages… we had quite a few of these too, but I mostly stuck to schnitzels or roast pork dishes. You never know what you are going to get with the wursts, so sometimes it’s “safer” to just order a cutlet.

Leave a Reply