BootsnAll Travel Network



What we did in NZ

Here are some of the highlights of our visit:

*Visited Christchurch, a beautiful city with gardens and old looking English style buildings and the river Avon flowing through it
*drove out to Akaroa, a french historical village. We rode bikes around the beach and the lovely gardens
*walked out off Otago Peninsula and almost missed seeing a fur seal colony–there were about 30 of them lounging around on the rocks, and each seemed to know just which color rock to lay on to best camouflage itself.
*stayed in Dunedin–this town has the loveliest network of city parks I’ve ever seen–there are miles and miles of walking trails in them
*took a boatride out from Milford Sound in the rain–the only way anyone will ever see MS because they get an average of 18 feet of rain per year!
*rainforest hikes
*whitewater rafting at Buller Gorge
*drove into Queenstown, then right back out again when we saw all the tourists–the nerve of all those people to go where we wanted to go! Went to Wanaka instead.
*abseiling with Lucy
*horseback riding for Dad and Erin
*sea kayaking in Abel Tasman National Park
*We went to see the World of Wearable Art Museum and Classic Cars Museum in Nelson. This is the same museum, with something for everyone. The wearable art is indescribable, and I will try to post a link.
*soaked up a couple of hours at the hot springs in Hanmer Springs–it was perfect, the day was cold and drizzly, and the springs were so warm. . .

Well, those are the highlights, and we’re a bit worn out, and are kicking back in our own apartment in Auckland, which feels like a palace after tent camping for so long.
MomAbel Tasman National ParkWest Coast of NZ-HokitikaAbel Tasman National Park



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *