BootsnAll Travel Network



Crazy mom

I’ve always prided myself on being a good mother–I have always loved and protected my girls to the best of my ability, and have even been known to turn into a mother bear on occasion.

Which is why I don’t quite understand my recent actions of this past week. Yesterday we went to a tiger temple for heaven’s sake. This is a tiger sanctuary where a group of Buddhist monks take in orphaned tigers and fix their wounds, then keep them and raise them in captivity for the rest of their lives. The tigers are supposed to be quite tame, and they certainly look tame at 2:00 in the afternoon on a day hot enough to qualify as a Missouri summer. But one can’t get around the fact that their paws are as big around as a mans upper thigh, and their head is bigger than a man’s torso. All they’d have to do is take a playful little swipe to put you into the hospital.

And then there are the warnings: Don’t wear red, pink, or orange. Don’t let in more than 4 people at a time to visit them. Don’t squat down or do anything to make yourself look smaller. Stay well back when they are walking back to their cage and be very quiet.

So I did what any mother would do. I let my children go in there and pet them. Am I crazy?!!!!



Tags: ,

One response to “Crazy mom”

  1. LA Irle says:

    crazy, i don’t know. a woman of faith, of course. when i saw the pictures, i was really blown away. but it is such an event in your lives.
    we started to get shawn’s pasaporte updated today. yikes, right on the line think i’m paying the extra 60. glad mine’s ok. love lisa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *