BootsnAll Travel Network



Koh Phi Phi

Wednesday 15th November 2006

On Friday 10/11 we set off on a ferry to Koh Phi Phi from Phuket Town. At the ferry port they gave us yellow stickers to indicate that we were getting off at Koh Phi Phi Don.  There are two islands that make up Phi Phi.  The ‘Don’ island as I like to call it is the bigger of the two. When we arrived it was hot and sunny but raining slightly.  It seems that the rainy season is just coming to an end but still it rains a bit in the late afternoon.  Plenty of time to catch some rays in the evening though.  When we got off there was caos, people are everywhere.  Instead of trying to get us into a tuk tuk, here they just want you to stay in their hotel or get on their boat.  Mayhem.  Eventually we found a guy who took our luggage and we followed him on foot through the various stalls and shops to our resort.  The man in charge tried to tell us that there were no rooms available but since we had already paid I put up a bit of a fight and he backed down.  When we got to reception they booked us straight in.  We even got air con, a mini bar and a TV when we had only paid for a fan – bonus!! 

The beach was about a 2 minute walk from our room.  Beautiful sand and warm water which we swam in every day.  On the second day it rained in the afternoon but we still swam and played frisbee in the rain.  In the evening the place is fairly relaxed and quiet.  The most excitement culminates in fire shows. We managed to see three just walking from one bar to the next.  I am now sick of fire shows. 

I had two massages while I was on the island. One with oil and one with Janine next to me which was just a thai massage. I am still a bit achey but it was great.  Thai massages are very different to the ones we are used to back home. 

Yesturday we got the ferry back to Phuket and then a plane back to Bangkok. 



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “Koh Phi Phi”

  1. IeriWinner_4 says:

    IeriWinner_4

    HI! I’ve have similar topic at my blog! Please check it..
    Thanks.
    [url=http://www.google.com][/url]

    http://www.google.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *