BootsnAll Travel Network



The last few days in turkey

After we left bodrum we got a 5 hr bus to pamukkale. When we got there we got our 12 hr bus ticket to Istanbul and left our bags with the bus company. We spent about 3 hours walking all around pamukkale. It is a huge old ruined city and then this mountain covered with salt tavertines and salt terraces almost. It looks very surreal and almost something out of a dr Seuss book. We had dinner in town and made it back to the bus station in time to get on our bus to Istanbul. It was a long restless night back and when we finally got to our hostel we just lounged and showered a bit. We decided on a city sight seeing bus tour and after about an hour into it we were both soo tired and when it got back to the start we decided to head back for a much needed nap time. In the evening we made I briefly to the grand bazaar but most the shops were closing. We found a nice place for dinner and drinks and got things sorted for Greg to leave today.

I said goodbye to Greg this morning after we had a little breakfast and I was all alone again. It is so hard when friends leave, depressing, I’m just happy I have going home to look forward to! I visited the mausoleums attached to the hagia Sophia and then spen the rest of the afternoon enjoying the day in the gardens in front of the palace.

Tomorrow morning early I hop on a shuttle to the airport. It is super bittersweet. I’m really excited to see everyone back home and catch up with everyone, but it will also be strange to go back to the so-called real world for a bit. No I don’t have the next plane ticket bought, but don’t worry it will get purchased soon enough! Hopefully Russia, India, and southeast Asia are up next! After a little tour and time in the US! Can’t wait to see everyone! Feel free to give me a call this week if you wanna catch up and tell me about all the news of your lives!!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *