BootsnAll Travel Network



The great wall of china

Today Chelsy and I went to the great wall of china! It is so cool and so amazing, and huge!!! We went to the wall at mutianyu, it was cool cause it had restored parts and unrestored sections. It was about an hour hike up to the wall so Chelsy and I decided to take the cable car up and spend more time on the wall. Climbing the wall really is a climb and a ton of work! It is on top of a ridge of a mountain and it goes up and down the mountain ridges. This section of the wall also had 23 towers, I think we made it to 16 of them! The old section was very cool as well but definitely overgrown and falling down. We then took a “toboggan” down to the parking lot. It was real similar to a luge! So fun! At the bottom we did a little bargaining for some souvenirs and then we headed for lunch that was included with our tour. It was really good! A traditional Chinese meal with lots of tasty choices. Overall a great day and the 2,000 year old wall really was amazing! After snowboarding, walking yesterday, stairclimbing today and waking up super early due to jetlag Chelsy and I are very worn out and sore by the end of the day. I can’t wait to adjust to this time!

It has been difficult dealing with getting travel as lots of trains and buses are booked, and things are filling up fast with chinese new year coming, but we finally got a train ticket today after a lot of work and were headed to pingyao by bus on Sunday.

Quotes of today:
Chelsy: I’m too fat for these little Chinese rides (cause her toboggan wasn’t working very well)

Chelsy: I hate your mom for getting you that video camera!!! (cause I keep taking crazy video, especially of Chelsy going slowly down the slide!)



Tags:

2 responses to “The great wall of china”

  1. Dawn says:

    Chelsy, Chelsy – hate me! You just need to turn that video camera around on her.

  2. Summer says:

    Today Chelsy told me she was happy you bought it for me!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *