BootsnAll Travel Network



Bumming on the beach!

So St. Patty’s day for me was spent on long street – the party street in cape town- with about 10 other people from my hostel. We had a ton of fun, danced and then just hung out on the balcony of some bar/hostel and watched everyone out on the street! It was absolutely crazy out, with people everywhere and long long lines to get into some bars/clubs. I gave myself a 2 am curfew as I had to be up at 7 am the next day and some older guy, juan, that I had chatted with all week, he is from spain but lives in SA, walked me back to the hostel.

The next morning I got on the BazBus (backpackers bus) and started the journey I thought was gonna be very short but ended up all day to Storms River. The bus in great because you make tons of friends and even find people going to your same hostel. I met a guy named Jan (pronounced yawn cause he’s dutch) going to my hostel. So when we got in we headed to the only restaurant in town…a 50s diner where they had tons of Elvis photos and Marilyn Monroe! The next day I got up and headed to the TsiTsiKamma National Park. I hiked 4 k with a German man, Uwe, to a waterfall that was falling over a cliff and into the ocean, but there was a pool you could swim in as well! We had a swim and a nice hike and it was nice to be out in some nature. The hike was actually more like rock jumping and scrambling over rocks! It was really great! We then shared some lunch and then went on a much shorter hike over a couple suspension bridges. The park was really amazing! I had only booked one night in the hostel and they were booked full for the next night to I went to Jeffrey’s Bay with Jan.

Jeffrey’s Bay is a huge surf town and has a huge beach and all kinds of discount Billabong and Quiksilver shops. The hostel is perched at the top of a hill at one end of the beach, it is pretty cool and it seems many people end up staying for a very long time! I have been here for three nights, mostly just hanging on the beach all day! But today I need to go on a search for more sunscreen!! The first night because I was friends with a Dutch guy we attracted more dutch (they are everywhere here!! ) and I now have a new love of the dutch. I spent two days hanging out with 3 to 5 dutch and even though I am the only one who speaks english they all still speak english, even if I am not in the conversation, but just so I can understand! The first day I hung out with Jan, Emeile (we call him email) and Robert. These guys were hilarious! They spent probably a half hour in the billabong shop trying on hats… so funny! They also let me convince them to get in a huge boulder throwing contest on the beach. I was very sad to see them leave. Tonight I am off to Port Elizabeth for two nights, where I hope to go to an elephant  park. I also already know two british girls at my hostel so I have friends already!!



Tags:

5 responses to “Bumming on the beach!”

  1. dad says:

    whatup summie; caught up on your blog now. it sounds like things are going ok. before i forget let me tell you that i love you. hey i’m your dad ok.i enjoy your pictures and commentary. are we there yet? lol have fun and keep living large. you know what they say; if you aint living on the edge your taking up too much space. hey be safe and enjoy!! love you dad xoxo

  2. september says:

    I hope you got to see a baby elephant! Are you still inPort Elizabeth? Did you ever decide to go on a safari? It is snowing again this week, despite spring’s best attempts! I hope you are having fun! ( wear sunscreen!) Love you Summer!

  3. september says:

    Summer posted a message on Facebook Monday 3/28. She is possibly traveling to Mozambique?

  4. Summer says:

    hi dad!! glad you caught up and i love you too!!! im in mozambique now for about two weeks… ill hopefully be swimming with whale sharks in two days!!! love you lots!!! miss you!

  5. Summer says:

    no baby elephants yet, actually no elephants yet but hopefully on safari i will see lots!! i kinda miss the snow right now.. i feel like i am melting it is so warm!! and it is supposed to be coming into winter!! but ill be at the beach tomorrow so hopefully that will cure all my problems of being too warm!! haha! miss you and love you lots!! hi to duke and ken for me!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *