BootsnAll Travel Network



Middle of the Night Sky

I had an overnight flight to Amsterdam.  It was okay, I was able to sleep, and get some reading done as well.  But the most amazing thing happened!  I woke up at some point and decided to have a look out the window.  I push up the ugly cream window, and the most beautiful sight appears!  It’s a clear night and all I see are bright stars, surrounding me!  It was absolutely gorgeous!  Sounds cliche, but it took my breath away!  I wish I knew constellations, because there were a few out there to see! 

I’ve flown at night before, but have never seen such a beautiful night sky out my window.  It was like we were flying in the middle of the universe, on the edge of space.  I fell back asleep, but woke up later to sunlight streaming in.  I looked out the window again, and another amazing sight took me by surprise!  To my left, there was the night sky, still blazing with starlight.  And to my right, there was beautiful sun-rays of orange, purples and blues streaking across the sky.  The two sides joined in the middle in a mix of dark blues and purples and went there separate ways from there.  It was so oddly amazing.  To be in the middle of night turning into day.  Such a strange place in time.  To actually see one day end, and another begin! 

Such was my start to Amsterdam…



Tags:

2 Responses to “Middle of the Night Sky”

  1. Amy Says:

    That sounds so stunning, Deanna. The handiworks of the Lord displayed all for your viewing pleasure! He loves doing things like that 🙂

  2. Dora Says:

    Wow! That is soooo cool. I once was flying over the Atlantic (coming back from England) and it was nighttime and there was a huge thunderstorm with lightning below the plane. The stars were all around and above us, but below there were these HUGE clouds lighting up with lightening. It was the coolest thing ever.

Leave a Reply