BootsnAll Travel Network



My Acting Debut!

About 3 weeks ago I played a small role in a made for tv movie. One of the national tv networks here is making a movie about Deng Xiao Peng, one of the former leaders of China, and needed some foreigners to play French soldiers. That part of the movie took place in 1929 in South China and our scene was very short. A single Chinese man wanted to pass through the road we (French soldiers) were guarding and we refused to allow him. We had rifles and he had nothing but he defeated 7 of us using Kung fu. I was the last soldier and he jumped high in the air and kicked me in the chest causing me to fall backwards to the ground. No, I didn’t have a stunt double but they did put a mat on the ground for me to fall on. The movie is supposed to be shown on national tv in November or December. It took all day to film the scene and they paid me 300 yuan (about $45). I posted some pictures for your enjoyment. Autographed copies may be purchased at davidisnowastar.com.

About a week ago I went to Kunming (the city where I lived last year) for the weekend to visit friends there. It was nice to go back and see everyone there. The weather was nice……not as hot and humid as Nanning but the people there were complaining about it being too hot. The teachers that I worked with there were telling me about how bad the living conditions became at the school there. They said there was construction noise almost 24 hours a day preventing them from being able to sleep and frequent unannounced water outages. I’m so glad I left there to come here as I would not have been happy if I had stayed there. I need my beauty rest!

This week is finals week and after I finish grading the exams and do the paperwork I’ll be on vacation for the summer. On July 16, I’m heading to Japan for 3 weeks, 2 weeks of which will be with a tour group. Then I’ll come back here and do some travel in China assuming I’m not stuck in quarantine due to H1N1 concerns.



Tags:

One response to “My Acting Debut!”

  1. Beau says:

    Let us know if the movie ever makes it on YouTube. Does that channel get broadcast in the US?

    Take it easy.