BootsnAll Travel Network



Plett, J-Bay, PE and Coffee Bay

been a busy time since the Skydive: I spent a day at Tsitsikamma reserve at the mouth of Storms river – nice walk to a waterfall, and then I took a different way back and managed to split my shorts as I jumped a couple of boulders: ended up at a restaurant with my ass hanging out!

left Plett and went to Cape St. Francis and then onto Jeffreys Bay (J-Bay) where I met up with the two Irish guys again (Keiran and Peter) bought some clothes at the Billabong factory shop (it would have been rude not to) and then drank a shedfull of alcohol till the early hours – oh and bought a surfboard for R400 (approx 28 quid) WHOOPSIE!

got up at 7am feeling a little….rough and was promptly bought another beer by the barman!……sadly, it worked: felt MUCH better after it (hic) Then the 3 of us walked to Supertubes which is a top surf section of the beach (and what J-bay is famous for) I left the Irish there and drove to Ikeys house in Seaview, PE. I met up with the Irish there again at the beach the next day (that day I managed to drive 200 miles between the house and the beach….54km 6 times!) another night out with a bit of clubbing thrown in – and a stay at a hostel I wasnt supposed to be at (and a chat with the security guy to let me out without again!)

WEll, I managed to find Coffee Bay …after breaking a wheel on the potholed excuse for a road to it! I wasnt sure about the place at first , but MAN! it grows on you!..I got a free surf lesson from Rheyno which  was kewl (fab location to take surf lessons with cliffs and lush green scenery all ovver, not to mention the Xhosa ‘rondavel’ houses peppering the landscape…beautiful! Its in the Wild Country which is renowned for the rugged coastline and nice bays (between East London and Durban)
Learnt the BUFFALO rules in the bar at night (left hand drinking only or finish yur drink in one!…sadly for everyone else me and Bri (nice guy from Hull on holiday with his equally nice girlie, Kelly) spent the whole of the next 2 nights catching EVERYONE, WHOOHOO!!!!!

went for a walk to the Hole in the Wall….but didnt get there: thats cos I went 180 degrees in the wrong direction!…nice walk anyhoo then when I checked out, the girl on reception cajoled me into staying another night, by giving me a free drive to the H.i.t.W. + another free surf lesson AND 2 free drinks at the bar!!!! (actually, I think the reason she did it was so I would give Joseph a lift down to J-Bay the next day…still, who am I to complain! I also brought a girl (Alaia) from the Basque country down too….. quite an eventful 650km watching 3 crashes and 3 water tanks rolling down the road towards us with 2 black guys chasing after them!!!

anyhoo, we watched dolphins and whales on the 3 hour walk to the H.i.t.W. and then swam around the bay with waves crashing thru the wall….VERY nice place!



Tags: , ,

-13 responses to “Plett, J-Bay, PE and Coffee Bay”

  1. Neil Mitch says:

    hello mate, I just got through a few pages of your adventures, man are you living the life! Absolutely jealous as feck, its cold here of course and I am busy busy busy and skint skint skint, I’ve decided I’m saving up some coin to visit a friend in America in Spring, that’ll be the biggest flight I’ve ever taken, and we’ll see if the bug bites and I take myself off on an adventure like you…I’m also planning to go to a bike rally in Germany in the summer on the Triumph, which I hope to have finished by April, and I hope its going to be reliable this time. lol.nrnrTake care buddy.nrnrMitch

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *