BootsnAll Travel Network



Cape Town

Air con fixed and a nice cool drive thru into Cape Town. bit of a laff getting in as it was rush hour and I hadnt a clue where I was heading!…but I got to the Backpack hostel without crashing or killing anyone, so that was good.

nice hostel underneath Table Mountain: I had a beer (LOW ACOHOL , MA!) while watching the clouds literally pour down the mountainside. Met a couple of girls I met at J-Bay (nurses from Edinburgh) and had a beer with them and their smashed ozzie mate (they’d been on a wine tour) then an early night.

Sharp up next morning and got to the cable car an hour before it opened. but at least I was first on – and off at the top of Table Mountain . BEAUTIFUL view over the tops and down to the city and Camps bay. a quick brekkie at the top and I headed back down. down to the V&A harbour area where I took a trip on IQ: a beautiful modern catamaran which took us out and around the bay for a couple of hours….for 7 quid!. then a walk around the shops and a drive over to CAmps Bay, wher I plodged in the surf and walked the beach for a couple of hours (I needed the rest!) then back up to Signal Hill to watch the sun set…along with a whole load of couples and groups, which made me feel a lot like Billy No Mates! but it was nice sitting and chilling with the clouds milling around the mountain and Robben Island (where Mandela was held prisoner) in the distance.

Anyhoo, then it was bcak to the new hostel (CapeTown backpackers) and get a shave ready for the wife to arrive!!!!!

22:29 and the plane arrived……how good is it to see Gilly?……DAMN good!…I forgot how pretty she was!

Sadly, she brought UK weather with her, so that night and the next day it CHUCKED it down with mega high winds too! ..so no mountain to see, no harbour walks or sails and deffo no sunbathing!



Tags: , , , , ,

-10 responses to “Cape Town”

  1. Ruin says:

    Hi Gill and ChugnrnrHave a fantastic Holiday !!!nrnrMissing you LotsnrnrCaroline Dave and Harry x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *