BootsnAll Travel Network



A Beautiful Autumn Day in Hangzhou

It was such a beautiful and sunny day today that I simply HAD to take my camera and head down to West Lake in Hangzhou!  Check out the ‘blue sky’ in my pictures – hardly any pollution today – yahoo! 

I was surprised to see so many people around on a Tuesday.  I have no classes on Tuesdays, but surely not everyone down at West Lake today could be retirees, housewives and the independently wealthy, could they?! 

Actually, it is best to stay away from West Lake on weekends.  Hordes of people choose this destination to ‘relax’, away from the stresses of daily life.  But how does one relax when the lake can barely be seen through the masses of bodies?  But, I digress. 

No worries for me today – it’s only Tuesday.  I did meet a number of wonderful people today.  One young ‘western’ couple arrived just 3 days ago via Beijing – turns out they are in Hangzhou to spend a month training at one of our local Chinese Medicine hospitals.  They had a free morning today, so decided not to waste it and wandered around the lake, trying to ‘take it all in’.  I told them they had arrived in Hangzhou at a great time: The weather is expected to be absolutely glorious for the next few days – lots of sunshine and blue skies! 

Later on I met an American and his wife (he from San Francisco and she from Shanghai).  They were visiting relatives and decided to take a little ‘sidetrip’ to Hangzhou; they were very glad they did!  Yes, today was definitely a great day to see my city in China. 

Check out the photos – the link can be found to the right of this page.

 



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *