BootsnAll Travel Network



Peru Part 5

Saqasayhuwaman

What´s up peeps? Sadly I haven´t got many exciting stories, I have just been relaxing and studying in Cusco, I never thought I would actually sit in my hostel and study for 2 hours a night but I have been, and I have completed 28 hours of intense Spanish lessons.

Cusco is OK, in fact it would be even better if it wasn’t for the bastard touts. I don’t understand why so many people want to clean the 2cm of extruding sole on my shoe. I didn’t clean my own shoes in England when I was earning money, what makes people think I would pay to get my shoes cleaned?

However, saying all this I have been here now for around 2 weeks so is starting to feel a little like home – with added llama.

My budget is getting slowly back on track as I have started investing in bread rolls, tins of “Fanny” tuna (only the English people in this mail will find the funny side to this) or eating at the local market where a bowl of rice, eggs and chips costs 20p.

The other day I had to get up to walk to some Inca ruins, which as the name suggests are buildings which are now ruined, made by Incas. Our planned trek would have allowed us to see 7 of the most spectacular sites around Cusco, but seeing as we were still blurry eyed from the night before we some how missed 4 of them, and couldn’t be bothered seeing the last one.

I have also been on my first trek, organised by my school, it was an 8 hour trek but myself and an American girl shot of and managed it in 5 hours. We then sat at the end of the trek and waited 3 hours for the others with nothing to look at apart from the “Holy Water” at this very religious site. This “Holy Water” is meant to cure you of cancer, aids and free your mind of bad shit etc..

I suppose death from water poisoning is a cure for the afformentioned.

So that’s it, oh, I chatted to two people from Cheshire who happened to live on Beech Lane and drink in the same local as we used to “The Ship”

Ever so sorry I haven’t lost, dropped or broke anything.

Rob.
————————————————————-
(EDIT)
————————————————————-

Since I wrote this draft I have broke something!

I went out for a pizza and meal with my friends from School. After the meal we ventured into a night club, which, bizarrely had walls built by the Inca people. Anyway, after a few cervezas I placed myself carefully on a glass table to chat to a chap from Wales (see where this is going?)
Now either the conversation got exciting or the alcohol I was drinking altered my weight, but, either way the table smashed from underneath me shattering shards of bottles, table and wine glasses all over the club. The best part of this was the music in the club was stupidly loud, yet luckily for me my table smashing antics were louder, so every one in the club turned round and stared.

30 soles to pay for a replacement (4pounds)!

Ciao for now.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *